This course will provide you with unique ideas on how to effectively market and recruit candidates for current openings. In addition, the knowledge and skills to conduct objective, thorough, and legally sustainable applicant background investigations reflective of the professional standards of your agency.
The training will guide you through the relevant Federal and State Statutes and administrative regulations surrounding the selection and employment of personnel. We will also detail Federal and State fair employment laws, public records requirements, EEOC employment guidelines, and ADA legislation and the impact of these regulations on the applicant background investigation and applicant selection.
You will learn techniques for conducting interviews with applicants, references, previous employers, friends, and neighbors. We will also address how to document the investigative findings in a comprehensive report properly.
• Reviewing recruiting issues and how to recruit affectively.
• Reviewing standards set forth by our profession, department and state.
• Why we conduct background investigations.
• What characteristics we should look for in a candidate.
• What documents and information are essential to review before the interview.
• Interviewing the candidate and others.
• Recommendations and conclusions in final report.
• Legal aspects regarding hiring practices.
• Assisting the polygraph examiner and psychologist in their assessments.
$125 ( Lunch will be provided to ALL )
Dirigo Safety, LLC
225 First Flight Drive, Suite 202
Dirigo Safety, LLC understands that there are times when you must miss your scheduled training class due to emergencies, work schedule conflicts, or personal reasons. However, when you do not call or email us to cancel you from our training class you may be preventing other officers from being able to sign up. If you’re scheduled for a training and do not make the class with no phone call or email to Dirigo Safety, LLC your department will be charged for the training class.
You may call us at (207) 376-7427 or email email@example.com
Dirigo Safety, LLC is a privately owned training and consulting company contracted with the State of Maine to provide certain technical expertise. We are not a state agency or a law firm, and do not provide private legal advice.
Copyright © 2018 Dirigo Safety, LLC - All Rights Reserved