Updated lesson plan for Maine’s “yellow flag law”, or restricting access to dangerous weapons. The updated lesson plan includes procedural information for officers to use, in the event that their local healthcare facility is unable or unwilling to conduct the assessment for this law.
- Describe the law of Restricting Access to Dangerous Weapons as outlined in this lesson.
- List the three things which must occur before a judge can review a Restricting Access to Dangerous Weapons case.
- Describe two methods law enforcement may use to secure weapons from a person.
- Identify how weapons may be stored while a person is prohibited from possessing them.
- Describe the role of the officer in facilitating the weapons restriction assessment process.