Dirigo Safety, LLC is the contracted vendor to provide the LEL positions to the Maine Bureau of Highway Safety (MeBHS). The new hires will be employees of Dirigo Safety, LLC, assigned to the MeBHS, in the role of Maine Law Enforcement Liaison (LEL).
The LEL Role
The Maine Law Enforcement Liaison serves the MeBHS, the Maine law enforcement community, and key partners by:
- Encouraging increased participation by law enforcement in MeBHS programs and relevant grants.
- Encouraging the use of proven countermeasures and evaluation measures.
- Promoting specialized training such as:
- Standard Field Sobriety Testing (SFST), Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE),
- Drug Recognition Expert (DRE), Law Enforcement Forensic Phlebotomist (FP) Program
- Soliciting input from the ME BHS partners on programs and equipment needed to impact priority program areas.
Law Enforcement Liaisons work very closely with MeBHS contracted Traffic Safety Resource Prosecutors (TSRP). The LEL assists MeBHS in achieving a reduction in its highway safety-related goals including:
- Motor vehicle-related homicides.
- Vehicular crashes involving personal injuries and property damage.
- Operating under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
- Operating with a suspended or revoked driver’s license.
- Distracted, drowsy, and speeding drivers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Former or retired law enforcement officer with prior patrol and traffic experience. Maine law enforcement experience and undergraduate degree preferred.
This is currently a contract position funded for three years. Hired individuals will be required to live in Maine year-round.
Cover Letter and Resume Accepted by
Email to: HILLARY.MARTIN@DIRIGOSAFETY.COM
Subject Line: LEL Position