Executive Selection And Recruitment Services
One of the most critical decisions any elected or appointed official will ever make will be selecting a Public Safety Executive. It is a significant, time-consuming decision and involves the future of their community and the individual departments we understand that some communities need outside assistance and guidance from professionals with senior executive experience that are subjective matter experts. Dirigo Safety is here to minimize your work while maximizing your needs.
At Dirigo Safety LLC., we understand that every community is different; therefore, every search is different. Our commitment to you is to understand the “wants” and “needs” of each community, and then tailor the process to meet your specific needs and expectations.
By investing time and energy to learn about the specific challenges of the job and understand the personality of the community, we can identify candidates with the right blend of management skill, leadership style, values, philosophy, and approach to ensure a proper “fit” for success and long tenure.
What We Do
- Development of a community profile with the goal of selecting candidates that meet your expectations.
- We work closely with you to understand the leadership and management aspects of the position that may be unique to your community to establish and clarify job expectations. This will enable us to develop a selection process tailored to your community.
- Recruitment of top quality candidates.
- Screening process of all applicants to ensure you get only quality candidates.
- Schedule and manage all aspects of the selection process for you.
- Marketing your position.
- Comprehensive Interview Process
- Extensive Pre-Employment Background Investigation
- Scheduling of Personality Management Assessment and Integrity Evaluation if you desire.
- Assist in negotiating a competitive compensation package that meets your budgetary limits.
“Somebody once said that in looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy. And if you don’t have the first, the other two will kill you.”
– Warren Buffet
“Hiring the right people takes time, the right questions, and a healthy dose of curiosity. What do you think is the most important factor when building your team? For us, it’s personality.”
– Richard Branson
Professional Services Team
Shawn O’Leary is our Senior Executive Consultant - He oversees our Policy Development Services, Online Training Programs for Maine Law Enforcement agencies, product development for private organizations and law enforcement agencies and is one of our core instructors at Dirigo Safety
Bob Schwartz recently retired as the Executive Director of the Maine Chief of Police Association’s, where he managed day-to-day operations of the association. His duties included coordinating a membership of 350+, including Maine’s Chiefs and Sheriffs