Leadership / Supervision that Works!
(Meets MLEAP Standard 3.08 Supervisor Training)
Police officers and newly promoted sergeants in law enforcement agencies frequently are unprepared for their roles as leaders/supervisors. In this course of instruction, officers will be given easy to understand leadership concepts, which will enable them to become an effective supervisor in the field.
You’ve been sworn in as a first level sergeant, now what?
Often new patrol supervisors are unfamiliar with expectations and how to attain their goals within the department. This course will offer guidance and tools for self-development as a new supervisor. Effective leaders affect positive change in their teams and departments.
What Students Will Learn:
- What does it take to be an effective supervisor?
- Using Adult Learning for self-knowledge and team trainings
- Applying learned concepts to leadership
- How do you take charge?
- Utilizing management tools
- Dealing with being passed over
- Understanding liability issues
Instructor Christian Behr has over 30 years of law enforcement experience.