The Art Of De-Escalation And Conflict Resolution
Conflict resolution skills are required for a wide range of positions across many job sectors. This requirement is based around the fact that conflict tends to reduce productivity and create a difficult work environment, leading to unwanted turnover in staff and reduced morale. Individuals who can resolve conflicts are often excellent mediators, rational, and able to manage difficult personalities from a place of empathy.
What is Conflict Resolution?
Recognizing, defusing and controlling aggressive behavior using crisis intervention techniques, communications in conjunction with an understanding of attitudes, emotions and behavior.
Benefits of Conflict Resolution
- Increased effectiveness in the workplace
- Stronger support from fellow employees and clients
- Less complaints and law suits
- Reduced job-related stress
- Increased safety in the workplace
- Define conflict resolution and de-escalation.
- Explain the characteristics of someone that is in crisis.
- Describe the appropriate response to someone in crisis.
- List the benefits to applying conflict resolution and
- de-escalation in the workplace