Drug and Alcohol Impairment Safety Awareness
This 4-hour introductory class provides an overview of alcohol and trending drugs of abuse; the dangers they present to individuals, schools, and in the workplace; and suggested counter- strategies.
Participants also gain an overview of:
- The current most dangerous drugs of abuse trending on the national level.
- Recognizing evidence of use and abuse in the workplace such as paraphernalia, vapes, juuling and other drug accoutrements.
- The general signs and symptoms of impairment and abuse of impairing drugs.
- An overview of the legalization of recreational marijuana in Maine.
- Signs and symptoms of alcohol and drug overdose.
- An overview of Narcan. What it is; how it works; where to get it; and how to use it.
- Information on public and private resources for getting addition help.
- The application of company policy (where appropriate).