This course is focused for new and existing Sergeants, Lieutenants, and Captains to provide principals of leadership, department problem-solving, police policy, delegating tasks, measuring and increasing productivity, managing within working agreements, internal investigations, police ethics and strategies for effective communications. The course is sixteen (16) hours of in-person classroom.
- Morning #1 – Police Leadership and your Role.
- Afternoon #1 – Effective Communication and Ethics.
- Morning #2 – Delegation and Effective Police Policy.
- Afternoon #2 – Problem Identification and Solving.
Course Objectives: Supervisors in this course will be exposed to:
- Duties and Expectations of the mid-level Police Supervisor.
- Police Culture.
- Addressing Chronic Police Leadership Issues.
- Managing Diversity.
- Police Ethics.
- Ethical Dilemmas.
- Writing Police Policy 101.
- Quality Policing.
- Trends for Policing – Where are you Heading and how will YOU lead getting there?