This course is focused towards prospective, new, and existing Sergeants, Lieutenants, and Captains to provide principles of leadership, department problem-solving, police policy, delegating tasks, police culture, managing within working agreements, internal investigations, police ethics, and strategies for effective communications.
- Morning #1 – Police Leadership and Your Role.
- Afternoon #1 – Effective Communication and Ethics.
- Morning #2 – Effective Police Policy and Police Policy.
- Afternoon #2 – Internal Affairs.
Course Objectives: Supervisors in this course will be exposed to:
- Transitioning from supervisor to LEADER.
- Duties and Expectations of the mid-level police supervisor.
- Police Culture.
- Addressing Chronic Police Leadership Issues.
- Managing Diversity.
- Police Ethics.
- Ethical Dilemmas.
- Police Policy 101.
- Quality Policing.
- Trends for Policing – Where are you Heading and how will YOU lead getting there?
“The Mid-Line Supervisor Course was excellent and one of a kind. A lot of material was covered in two days, and Dr. Ferland did an outstanding job teaching the material and engaging with the class. A little bit of everything was offered in this course of instruction from leadership styles, learning behaviors, the job of the mid-line supervisor, internal affairs, and police misconduct. I would highly recommend this class to any first-line supervisor looking to promote to a higher rank.”
“Good training group that brings in a variety of subject matter experts that pass on their experience.”