This unit of instruction is designed to assist the student in understanding Maine’s Restricting Access to Dangerous Weapons law,including the steps required of law enforcement to properly implement a Weapons Restriction Order.
- Describe the Weapons Restriction Law as outlined in this lesson.
- List the three things that must occur before a judge can review a Weapons Restriction Law case.
- Describe two methods law enforcement may use to secure weapons from a person.
- Identify how weapons may be stored while a person is prohibited from possessing them.
- Download the following documents from the Materials Section at the start of this lesson plan:
- Application for Weapons Restriction Order
- Notice to Restricted Person
- Officer’s Statement of Probable Cause