MLEAP Level 2 Training: 10.01 Searching and Transport
The Agency has a written directive addressing searching and transporting a detainee before being transported. The written directive includes at a minimum:
The transportation of detainees must be conducted in a manner that provides for the safety of the officer, the detainee, and the public. Officers must understand the safe and constitutional procedures for transporting and searching detainees.
- Different types of searches
- How to properly conduct a thorough search of a detainee and searches of the transporting vehicle before and after the transport,
- Safe transport of detainees.
- Methods or actions for transporting sick, injured, or disabled detainees.
- The proper use of any restraining devices.
- Monitoring of the detainee to avoid medical difficulties.
- Understanding the roles of officers and supervisors in the event of an escape.