- Patients who enter treatment for substance use disorders must do so voluntarily, however sometimes strong encouragement from family, friends and co-workers can go a long way in helping the person realize that they want and need treatment. Law enforcement can have a significant impact on recognizing and making recommendations for treatment.
- Support from friends and loved ones sometimes comes in the form of hard truths, such as threats of losing their job, home, spouse and family because of the harmful effects substance use disorders have, not only on the person, but on his or her family, friends and associates.
- Regardless of a person’s initial motivations, treatment offers the best hope for recovery from drug misuse disorders.
Types of Treatment
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment
- Residential/Inpatient Treatment
- Detoxification – Medical Model
- Medication Assisted Treatment
Here is a link for optional additional related materials that may enhance your learning experience.