MLEAP Standard: 4.09 Performance Evaluation Training (4hrs)
Plain and simple: performance management is hard. It was once said “your ability to lead is directly proportionate to your ability to withstand pain”. As hard as we sometimes make it, managing people is what supervisors do. In almost every police organization, performance management is a mandatory requirement.
Performance Evaluation & Management is designed to enhance employee effectiveness through realistic and dynamic performance management. In a back-to-basics format, students will learn how to build and deliver a well thought out performance review. By the end of the course, students will understand the importance of proper performance management while contrasting the cost of poor or no performance management.
- What it takes to be an effective communicator
- How to expect results while managing performance
- How to distinguish between a Behavior, Result, or Attribute
- Interpret personality traits and understand how they affect expectations
- What is the best way to conduct a performance improvement plan, PIP
- How to apply learned concepts to performance management
- When to utilize proper performance management tools
- How to properly implement progressive steps of discipline