This class is part of “Tactical Emergency Causality Care” This is NOT the 8-hour TECC for LEO Class. Here officers will learn how to properly apply potentially life-saving medical techniques while being tactically aware and as safe as possible.
• To learn when and how to apply a tourniquet.
• To learn when to deliver medical care. The tactical situation determines what care you can provide.
• To establish that “good medicine” can be bad tactics. Bad tactics = more causalities.
• To learn how to deliver medical care.
• To demonstrate the management of severe extremity bleeding with a tourniquet. Tourniquets address part of “Circulation”.
• To establish that you do not address critical bleeds other than extremity.
• To establish that you do not address airway or breathing issues.