This class is part of “Tactical Emergency Causality Care” This is NOT the 8-hour TECC for LEO Class. Here officers will learn how to properly apply potentially life-saving medical techniques while being tactically aware and as safe as possible.
• When and how to apply a tourniquet.
• When to deliver medical care.
o The tactical situation determines what care you can provide.
• “Good medicine” can be bad tactics.
• Bad tactics = more causalities.
• How to deliver medical care.
• Management of severe extremity bleeding with a tourniquet
• Tourniquets address part of “Circulation”.
• Do not address critical bleeds other than extremity
• Do not address airway or breathing issues