This training is based upon, and consistent with: MCJA 2020 Mandatory Training Lesson Plan
This unit of instruction is designed to assist the student in understanding Maine’s Restricting Access to Dangerous Weapons law,including the steps required of law enforcement to properly implement a Weapons Restriction Order.
- Describe the Weapons Restriction Law as outlined in this lesson.
- List the three things that must occur before a judge can review a Weapons Restriction Law case.
- Describe two methods law enforcement may use to secure weapons from a person.
- Identify how weapons may be stored while a person is prohibited from possessing them.
- Download the following documents from the Materials Section at the start of this lesson plan:
- Application for Weapons Restriction Order
- Notice to Restricted Person
- Officer’s Statement of Probable Cause