Standard Operating Procedure
Policy Development & Consultation
Affordable Policy Development!
- Scot Mattox, Esq. Chief Executive Officer of Dirigo Safety, LLC
- Shawn O’Leary Ret. Chief of Police, Executive Vice President of Dirigo Safety, LLC
- Brian MacMaster, Law Enforcement Consultant
- Bruce Boucher Ret. Chief of Police, Law Enforcement Consultant
- Michael A. Cunniff Esq., Adjunct Instructor
- Honorable John David Kennedy (Ret.), Adjunct Instructor
What We Can Do for Your Agency
We provide law enforcement administrators with consultation in a variety of policy matters, including the development of affordable Standard Operation Procedures specific to the customer agency. Through this service, we review and update all mandatory policies set forth by the Maine Criminal Justice Academy specific to the target department, as well as a selection of non-mandatory and workplace compliance policies. Finally, for those agencies that are interested in MLEAP, our policies have incorporated most of the standards, which make accreditation easier to accomplish
Our current policy library consists of over 75 policies and is constantly growing to meet today’s complex and ever-changing law enforcement challenges.
Additionally, over the life of the contract any new or updated policies from the Maine Criminal Justice Academy we take care of, you do not have to worry about. We have a flexible payment schedule for agencies over a four-year period.
The Departments are working with Dirigo Safety to meet MLEAP Accreditation and meet compliance standards for the Maine Criminal Justice Mandatory Policies, Bureau of Labor Policies.
Bath Police Department
Brewer Police Department
Bridgton Police Department
Cape Elizabeth Police Department
Clinton Police Department
Eliot Police Department
Fairfield Police Department
Kennebunk Police Department
Kittery Police Department
Hancock County Sheriffs Office
Holden Police Department
Pittsfield Police Department
Oakland Police Department
Old Orchard Beach Police Department
Oxford County Sheriffs Office
Sagadahoc Sheriffs Office
South Berwick Police Department
Somerset County Sheriff’s Office
Winthrop Police Department
Waldoboro Police Department
York County Sheriffs Office
New Hampshire Agencies
Alstead Police Department
Walpole Police Department
SOP & Policy Packages
SOP & POLICY DEVELOPMENT
- Review and update all mandatory policies set forth by the Maine Criminal Justice Academy specific to the target department.
- Review and update additional non-mandatory policies, including the Bureau of Labor and other Workplace Compliance specific policies.
- If the subscribing department is a PowerDMS customer, Dirigo Safety will upload and assigned all policies into the department’s account with a knowledge-based exam.
- If you are a Maine Municipal Association Member, Dirigo Safety will provide you knowledge-based exam for you to upload and attached to your specific policies
- If any new mandatory policies are required or have been updated by the Maine Criminal Justice Academy within the life of the Contract, Dirigo will update the subscribing department’s policy.
- We are always researching and developing new operational and administrative policies that are also included during the life of the contract. One recent policy that we researched and are finalizing is Interactions with Transgender Individuals. VP Shawn O’Leary is familiar with this topic as he conducted, wrote, and implemented the Transgender Prisoners while at Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office.
1. All completed policies are provided in “WORD” format for future review and updating by the target department. Once released to the target department, Dirigo will amend the policies as necessary for approval from the Chief Law Enforcement Officer during the length of the Contract.
2. Any selected policy with a Maine Law Enforcement Accreditation Program (MLEAP) Standard shall be highlighted in the policy for agencies that wish or intend to attain Accreditation through MLEAP.
3. The development of knowledge-based tests attached to high liability policies. These tests ensure each reader fully understands the policy signed for and meets certain MLEAP required training.
4. MLEAP Accreditation Specialist to assist your agency in achieving state accreditation. If you are a PowerDMS subscriber, Basic and Advance PowerDMS resource with one free day of training for your staff.