Standard Operating Procedure
Policy Development & Consultation
Dirigo Safety understands that policy development is a daunting task and very time-consuming. Policies and Standard Operating Procedures are instrumental in law enforcement operations, risk management, and personnel oversight. The policies we offer have been through an extensive vetting process by our Policy Development Team:
- Scot Mattox, Esq. Chief Executive Officer of Dirigo Safety, LLC
- Shawn O’Leary Ret. Chief of Police, Law Enforcement Services Manager of Dirigo Safety, LLC
- Brian MacMaster, Ret. Chief Investigator Law Enforcement Consultant
- Bruce Boucher Ret. Chief of Police, Law Enforcement Consultant
- Josh Saucier, Esq Adjunct Instructor, Law Enforcement Consultant
- Dr. David “Lou” Ferland, Ret. Chief of Police Law Enforcement Consultant
- Rick Stillman, Ret. Chief of Police Law Enforcement Consultant
What We Can Do for Your Agency
We provide law enforcement administrators with consultation in a variety of policy matters, including the development of affordable Standard Operation Procedures specific to the sate and customer agency. Through this service, we review and update all mandatory policies set forth by the applicable Criminal Justice Academy, specific to the target department, as well as a selection of non-mandatory and workplace compliance policies. Additionally, for those agencies that are interested in accreditation, our policies have incorporated the standards, which make accreditation easier to accomplish. Finally, over the life of the contract, any new or updated policies from the Criminal Justice Academy, legislature, or best practices we take care of automatically.
Our current policy library consists of over 100 policies and is constantly growing to meet today’s complex and ever-changing law enforcement challenges.
All completed policies are provided in Microsoft Word format for future review and updating by the target department. Once released to the department, Dirigo will amend the policies as necessary for approval from the Chief Law Enforcement Officer during the length of the contract.
For more information please contact:
The following agencies are working with Dirigo Safety to meet Accreditation and/or meet compliance standards for the Maine Criminal Justice Mandatory Policies, and Bureau of Labor Policies.