Conflict resolution skills are required for a wide range of positions across many job sectors. This requirement is based on the fact that conflict tends to reduce productivity and create a difficult work environment, leading to unwanted turnover in staff and reduced morale. Individuals who can resolve conflicts are often excellent mediators, rational, and able to manage difficult personalities from a place of empathy unprepared and vulnerability.
What is Conflict Resolution
Recognizing, defusing and controlling aggressive behavior using crisis intervention techniques, communications in conjunction with an understanding of attitudes, emotions and behavior.
Benefits of Conflict Resolution
- Increased effectiveness in the workplace
- Stronger support from fellow employees and clients
- Less complaints and lawsuits
- Reduced job-related stress
- Increased safety in the workplace
This course will focus on:
- Define conflict resolution and de-escalation.
- Explain the characteristics of someone that is in crisis.
- Describe the appropriate response to someone in crisis.
- List the benefits to applying conflict resolution and de-escalation in the workplace