This one-day refresher course is good for any FTO, no matter how long they’ve been in the role.
You will review:
- Why the FTO program is so important
- Your role and responsibilities as the FTO
- Common mistakes by the FTO and how to avoid them
- Common mistakes by a trainee and how to respond
- Teaching styles
- Importance of and proper completion of documentation
Recently Ret. Lt. of the MSP, instructor Tilsley has many years of first-hand knowledge and applying these concepts in today’s world of policing. With policing facing controversy and changes, it’s important to take pride in leading the next generation of officers. This has always been a priority and passion for Tilsley and he continues it post-retirement with continued research and instructing.