Cannabis is legal and more openly used around the nation: Can you detect and articulate its impairment?
Today’s forms (including edibles, flower and concentrates) have a much higher level of THC than the past. With more cannabis of a stronger variety available, officers greatly benefit from green lab training to help recognize its presence in motor vehicle operators.
Training Objectives include:
- In-depth discussion about Cannabis including its different forms, legal status and legislative history.
- A suggested and modified SFST Protocol for detecting cannabis impairment roadside as well as cannabis impaired driving investigation techniques.
- Field Sobriety Techniques and exercises.
- Behaviors of impairment by cannabis commonly observed.
- Investigation and documentation suggestions for best practices
- Building a cannabis impaired driving court case.
- Chemical testing issues in impaired driving investigations
- Case Law updates
- Hands on Green Lab with Volunteers Cannabis Consumers
- In compliance with state marijuana possession laws, we present a “green” lab designed for officers to practice impairment detection skills on volunteers dosed with known amounts cannabis. This includes flower, edibles, and concentrates. This will provide the attendees with a gauge of the reliability of their detection skills. The lab is run by civilian instructors.
Attendees are not exposed to marijuana (or any drug) during training.
** This class is a controlled environment for officers to evaluate actual cannabis dosed impaired volunteers**