At the end of this instruction, students will have a better understanding of electronic evidence and how to apply the evidence to their criminal investigations through hands-on participation and case study.
Performance Objectives: At the end of this lesson, the students will:
- Define what an IP address is;
- Define what an ESP is;
- Be able to navigate Search.org;
- Explain what “stays true to deletion” means in regards to ESPs;
- Identify the major electronic devices;
- Successfully solve a computer crime;
- Understand what the ICAC Task Force’s function is;
- Understand what the NCMEC’s role is in ICAC investigations;
- Successfully solve a NCMEC CyberTip;
Students should bring their laptop with them to be able to fully participate.