(Meets MLEAP 4.09 Performance Evaluation Training)
When was the last time you had a performance management review? Was it accurate, on time, inspiring? Or was it just a “go through the motions” event that made you and the system compliant. Compliant sounds like complacent which sounds like most performance reviews today.
Plain and simple: performance management is hard. It was once said “your ability to lead is directly proportionate to your ability to withstand pain”. As hard as we sometimes make it, managing people is what supervisors do. In almost every police organization, performance management is a mandatory requirement.
Performance Evaluation & Management is designed to enhance employee effectiveness through realistic and dynamic performance management. In a back to basics format, students will learn how to build and deliver a well thought out performance review. By the end of the course, students will understand the importance of proper performance management while contrasting the cost of poor or no performance management.
What Students Will Learn:
- What it takes to be an effective communicator
- How to expect results while managing performance
- How to distinguish between a Behavior, Result, or Attribute
- Interpret personality traits and understand how they affect expectations
- What is the best way to conduct a performance improvement plan, PIP
- How to apply learned concepts to performance management
- When to utilize proper performance management tools
- How to properly implement progressive steps of discipline
Instructor Adam Gormely has over 26 years of law enforcement experience.
Need this training but don’t see one scheduled? Check out our online version! https://dirigosafety.com/online-courses-law-enforcement/
This Course is under MLEAP Level 2 training, as it meets the MLEAP Standards!